Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

GameSpy shutdown at any time now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GameSpy shutdown at any time now

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Just a reminder that GameSpy could shut down at any time now.

Those of us who have updated to 1.10 have nothing to worry about, but the rest of the community is going to get a shock when it happens. Please encourage them to update to 1.10 as soon as possible to reduce the size of the mob that will panic when it actually happens. Thanks.

PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

GameSpy will continue until 30 June 2014 or at least for EA games

Post by Thing1 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Thing1

Back to top Go down

Re: GameSpy shutdown at any time now

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:17 pm

I assume you're referring to this part:
Online services for EA games on the GameSpy platform will be closed down at the end of June.
I don't know what arrangements EA made for an extra month on GameSpy. I'm guessing it involved money. I suppose it's possible that GameSpy will allow other games to continue for an extra month as well (for free? hardly fair to EA), but we have no assurances of that.

At least we have our alternate Lobby service up and running so we're ready for anything now.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:06 pm

I have emailed glu (owners of GameSpy) to try to get a firm date for the shutdown of GameSpy.  I'll post any answer I get here.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:23 pm

PÕQ~Technut wrote:I have emailed glu (owners of GameSpy) to try to get a firm date for the shutdown of GameSpy.  I'll post any answer I get here.
Finally got a non-answer.
Glu Technical Support wrote:Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care. We regret the delay in responding to you.

We are sorry but we are unable to make any statements regarding Gamespy at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks for nothing, Glu. Just as useless as GameSpy.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Bump to remind you that the GameSpy Master Server could be shut down at any time now. There is a possibility that June is the last month (assuming that EA Games only arranged for 1 extra month).

Update to 1.10 to be ready!

Version 1.10 uses the new Master Server which was coded by Btcc22 and is hosted by Bungie. It has been running strong for over a month now (well done!) with many players and servers using it every day, so don't hesitate to switch over.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sckewi on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 pm

ooo
        ooo   ooo
    oooo         oooo
Nooo                 oo gaamesppyyyyyy NYEEHH, NYEEEH D:

Sckewi

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Justice on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:10 am

thank you for your help 

but now i have this questions

It has passed one month since they announced that GAMESPY would close its doors but I see that there are still many servers using version 1.09 and I wonder if we have to stay with version 1.09 or the new version 1.10 or what will happen to gamespy since with this new updates so many people was removed the game as before over 3000 people played on servers and now barely 1000 people play with this new version of Halo

we must change or keep some version of Halo?

GAMESPY really will shutdown or not and when?

why there are fewer players on the servers now with this new version of Halo?

Daniel Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sckewi on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:41 am

I hear the GameSpy master server has closed down now. Anyone know if this is true? Smile

Sckewi

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Sckewi wrote:I hear the GameSpy master server has closed down now. Anyone know if this is true? Smile
The GameSpy master server is still up. And I have no idea what their plans are since they haven't stuck to what they publicly announced and they won't say what their new plans are.
 scratch

Daniel Justice wrote:why there are fewer players on the servers now with this new version of Halo?
This unpredictable situation with GameSpy has complicated things. If GameSpy had shut down when they said they were going to, we would all be on 1.10 by now. But instead we are split across versions and master servers.

Unfortunately many players are still using old warez/hacked versions of Halo that did not automatically get updated to 1.10 like the legit copies did. Those players probably won't update to 1.10 until GameSpy actually does shut down (which breaks the Lobby in their old version).

If you have updated to the 1.10 Halo client I suggest you install HAC 2. It will help you to see all the players and servers that are available on the new Master Server (by removing the version filtering that hides some of them).

And when the GameSpy server finally does shut down, the remaining servers and players will discover their Halo is broken and realize that they MUST update and join the rest of us on 1.10.

Last edited by PÕQ~Technut on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sckewi on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Ah fair enough, I did have a feeling the person telling me the GameSpy master server is down was just assuming that's the case based on the previous proposed closedown date of June 31st. xD

Thanks Technut. Smile

Sckewi

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:11 pm

GameSpy finally shut down today?  Looking into it.

Edit: Yes... it appears GameSpy has shut down as of July 26, 2014.

Last edited by PÕQ~Technut on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sckewi on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:25 pm

I sure hope so! Very Happy

Sckewi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:23 pm

Sponsored content