Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Some details about the Internet Lobby fix

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Some details about the Internet Lobby fix

Post by Skylace on Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 pm

HR_Shaft wrote:Tested resolution at 1920x1080, chatbox re-appeared (thank you!), textures no longer seem stretched horizontally even though reticle is oval.

Also, it would be grand to support version changing, by Geomitar.  Noted from your comments above, I don't think you have a focus on that type of change, but it would be . . . delicious.
 Try using 1920x1440 if you can or other 4:3 resolutions and when Btcc22 makes his next update on HAC2 his aspect ratio fix should resolve that issue.  Also when I had version changer installed on the new update it still seams to work fine you just wont be able to switch back to 1.10.

Skylace

http://bud.boards.net it300

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Roger W wrote:- Mouse accel: Sorry, that's out of scope for this sort of patch. We're fixing major bugs, things that are unequivocally broken, rather than design change requests

- When to install: If this testing goes well, the patch could go live in just a few days. Servers ought to start migrating quickly once users have to auto-patch. The master server will get a few tweaks, but is up and running already.
Are you looking forward to make more updates in the future?

The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger W on Wed May 14, 2014 6:55 pm

I don't know. These updates are intended *only* to keep the game running the way it ran when it was new. If a major security hole, or OS compatibility problem, comes along then a patch can prevent it from
staying broken. I won't be adding features.

Roger W

Back to top Go down

Post by sehé°° on Wed May 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Roger W wrote:...I won't be adding features.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xaIPszwpo

sehé°°

http://xhalo.tk lgbalazs

Back to top Go down

Post by HR_Shaft on Thu May 15, 2014 5:07 am

PÕQ~Technut wrote:
HR_Shaft wrote:May or may not be relevant to the patch, but may be relevant to the 1.01 Halo PC Dedi, Using Phasor, I get an error (most likely related to custom strings.dll for phasor):

Discussed here: http://phasor.proboards.com/thread/806/halo-10-new-master-server?page=1&scrollTo=6662
The Phasor update that you linked requires that you use the 1.09 server executable, not the 1.10 version.

I think you also tried it with 1.09 and it worked, but you didn't see your server in the lobby when using the 1.10 client? I'm guessing that's because, even though your server is on the new Master Server, it is still identifying as being a 1.09 server.

The 1.10 client only sees 1.10 servers. The client filters the server list and only shows servers that are the same version number as the client. It was the same with 1.09 clients/servers. You need a mod like HAC 2 (when it is updated) to allow you to see servers that don't match your client version.
 Yes, got it all working . . . I had to add more cowbell, BAM! it works - thank you

HR_Shaft

NerveBooger2012

Back to top Go down

Post by HR_Shaft on Thu May 15, 2014 5:15 am

Skylace wrote:
HR_Shaft wrote:Tested resolution at 1920x1080, chatbox re-appeared (thank you!), textures no longer seem stretched horizontally even though reticle is oval.

Also, it would be grand to support version changing, by Geomitar.  Noted from your comments above, I don't think you have a focus on that type of change, but it would be . . . delicious.
 Try using 1920x1440 if you can or other 4:3 resolutions and when Btcc22 makes his next update on HAC2 his aspect ratio fix should resolve that issue.  Also when I had version changer installed on the new update it still seams to work fine you just wont be able to switch back to 1.10.

Yes, I think between the several sequential patches - interruptions  and late night drowsy stumbling, I overwrote the strings - but, sleep helped got it working.  See your other post, I think your media fire link was broken.  I will try the resolution you suggested, hopefully Btcc22 will offer a separate content zip file with the final resolution dependencies separate from HAC2 to allow others to develop custom res/solutions.

------

To all involved, thank you for extending my halo addiction, your community spirit, and your development efforts. High fives and praise!

HR_Shaft

NerveBooger2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Cov on Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi, sorry I'm a noob but I still wanna ask this please:
Could a future update enable us to host games with "unlimited rockets" (or any other weapon) without the need to reload (by collecting more weapons first)? I ask, because this way it's also a huge fun to play Halo online.
Thanks

Cov

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Thu May 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Cov wrote:Hi, sorry I'm a noob but I still wanna ask this please:
Could a future update enable us to host games with "unlimited rockets" (or any other weapon) without the need to reload (by collecting more weapons first)? I ask, because this way it's also a huge fun to play Halo online.
Thanks
cheat_infinite_ammo 1

The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by kornman00 on Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Setting cheat_bottomless_clip to 1/true via the console on the server should give the desired effect IIRC. Though clients may need to set it on their side as well, to avoid any odd syncing bugs.

Other than that, you won't be seeing an official patch add such features. Bungie is only in the business of maintenance/bug patching, not new features.

kornman00

http://www.halomods.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cov on Thu May 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Ah I see, thanks a lot The Doctor & kornman00

Cov

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Thu May 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Cov wrote:Hi, sorry I'm a noob but I still wanna ask this please:
Thanks
I'll briefly address this because I don't want it to take this thread off-topic.

You don't need a Halo update for that. You can also accomplish that with a map modification or by a server script (eg. Phasor, possibly SAPP).  This isn't really a map-modding/scripting forum so you might want to ask your question somewhere else, where that type of topic is covered. In fact, if you Google "Halo unlimited rockets mod" you will probably find the answer already posted somewhere.

PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Cov on Thu May 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I understand, thanks POQ~Technut!

Cov

Back to top Go down

Post by Patxi on Thu May 15, 2014 6:14 pm

sehé°° wrote:
Roger W wrote:...I won't be adding features.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xaIPszwpo
 Tarja <3 I miss her in Nightwish.

Patxi

xxpatxixx

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger W on Thu May 15, 2014 7:52 pm

The patches have been announced on bungie.net and are available for manual download. Now is the time to encourage everyone who hosts dedicated servers to migrate to the new version, so that we have many of them online when the auto-update goes live

Roger W

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Thu May 15, 2014 8:26 pm

New Topic Thread HERE

PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down