Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Possible Shader/texture fix?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Shader/texture fix?

Post by Vipes on Thu May 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Apparently no one agrees with me on this, but by definition it is a bug. One that can't be fixed by users, at least for Custom Edition. Between the PC version and Xbox version, a lot of shaders, textures, and other things were left out during the porting job, most likely oversights by Gearbox, and has never been fixed. I know for a fact no one told Gearbox they had to leave them out. For the retail version, it is possible for the user to patch the bitmaps, providing he also owns it for Xbox, but it is not really a good fix. But when the same is done for the Custom Edition, it only breaks the game. I can not exactly list what all is missing from the PC version, but this image can display nicely the problem.

Disregard the fact it says Classic Mode, the problem also exists on the PC version, as Halo: Anniversary was a port of the PC version.

Github here; https://github.com/wreiske/halobugs/issues/3

I do not know why so many do not want this fixed.

Vipes

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Shader/texture fix?

Post by Jaz on Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 am

There is an unofficial patch. Haven't tested it yet myself but apparently it works.

It's in this thread listed as 'Shader patch':
http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1393210

It would be cool to have an official fix integrated into a main patch though... but I'm not sure if that comes under modifying content? (as it involves editing a map file, i.e. bitmaps.map)

Jaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vipes on Fri May 16, 2014 9:45 am

I came from Facepunch, and I'm the one who brought It up. Well not a patch, but asking for one. It breaks Custom Edition if done.

Vipes

Back to top Go down

Post by Vipes on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:47 pm

The fix no longer works. It doesn't work with 1.10

The fix has to be done officially now, all the missing shaders and problems fixed by a patch. I'm sure this isn't a feature request, as this is just fixing what Gearbox broke when they ported it.

I gathered a few things from different sites on what broke/missing

lacks certain shaders, ie jackal shields, cov shields, dropship plasma, AR shaders
loss of shader_transparent_generic
missing multipurpose/bitmap maps
missing reflection masks
missing detail masks
broken blend modes
some script encounters are broken
broken fog
broken atmosphere effects
multipurpose/bitmap maps of bsps do not react with radiosity lighting
c_field_Generators broken

Vipes

Back to top Go down