Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Roger W wrote:The patches have been announced on bungie.net and are available for manual download.
Now is the time to encourage everyone who hosts dedicated servers to migrate to the new version, so that we have many of them online when the auto-update goes live
Downloads (direct from Bungie)
Halo PC 1.0.10
Halo CE 1.0.10
Halo PC Dedicated Server 1.0.10
Halo CE Dedicated Server 1.0.10

These downloads are available to install now. The auto-update notice in Halo will be turned on sometime Monday 19th if you haven't already manually updated by that time.

See "How to update to 1.10"

Note: The patch overwrites several game-related files (eg. the config.txt; but not maps or profiles). If you have made any changes to your Halo install that you want to keep then make a backup before applying the patch. Also, many of the Halo mods will be incompatible with this version until the mods are updated.

It will take awhile for all the servers to get migrated to the new Master Server, so don't be surprised if the 1.10 Lobby seems kind of empty compared to what you're used to. You can still connect to most other servers through Xfire or by Direct IP.

Last edited by PÕQ~Technut on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 12 times in total

PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix)

Post by Patxi on Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks mate.

Patxi

xxpatxixx

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt_man on Thu May 15, 2014 9:05 pm

If I update my SAPP dedi to 1.10, will clients (players) that are still using older versions be able to join?

stunt_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing1 on Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Smile 
Since the last version of sapp communicates with the new and old version of the master server you could

init.txt -- remove v1 and add
unify

command.txt -- add
unify 'v1;w8 10;v3;w8 10;unify'
v3 'vspec 01.00.10.0621'

Thing1

Back to top Go down

Post by sehé°° on Thu May 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Please use that unify script for your own risk, even tough I made and recommended it long ago, as it turned out it possibly puts the server to inactive state randomly for unknown reason.

I think you should just leave it with v1, since players with the fixed exe and HAC 2 will see every version on the serverlist anyways.

Also, after May 31. I'll remove v1 and v2 commands from Sapp, and it will automatically change server version string to 1.00.10.0621

Last edited by sehé°° on Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

sehé°°

http://xhalo.tk lgbalazs

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt_man on Thu May 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Thank you all so, so much. Words cannot describe.

stunt_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaporeon on Fri May 16, 2014 1:54 am

Its awesome this got fixed. Now we don't have to worry about losing a hole chunk of players by using a modded server list.

Thanks.

Vaporeon

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostyCypher on Fri May 16, 2014 3:51 am

You know, I can respect a game that has players just refuses to let the game die off. That to me shows how much the love of a game there is. : 3

FrostyCypher

Back to top Go down

Post by (SBB) Storm on Fri May 16, 2014 5:01 am

FrostyCypher wrote:You know, I can respect a game that has players just refuses to let the game die off. That to me shows how much the love of a game there is. : 3
Yet there are those, who say it's already dead year after year after year after year, even though while at that time, the amount of players keep on getting bigger and bigger scratch 

But nonetheless even Bungie can't let this game go down that easily as well Very Happy

(SBB) Storm

http://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird stormwizard95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sckewi on Fri May 16, 2014 5:44 am

This is AWESOME! Thanks again! Very Happy:D:D

Sckewi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Fri May 16, 2014 6:06 am

weeee n.n

The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Patxi on Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 am

(SBB) Storm wrote:
FrostyCypher wrote:You know, I can respect a game that has players just refuses to let the game die off. That to me shows how much the love of a game there is. : 3
Yet there are those, who say it's already dead year after year after year after year, even though while at that time, the amount of players keep on getting bigger and bigger scratch 

But nonetheless even Bungie can't let this game go down that easily as well Very Happy

Well said, that's why we have more custom content than games like Minecraft, Garry's Mod, or what Halo Forge has done in H3, Hreach and H4.

Horray for Halo Community. Hurray for the guys that united to make this possible. Hurray for Bungie for creating on eof the best games.

Patxi

xxpatxixx

Back to top Go down

Post by Anoobis on Fri May 16, 2014 10:32 am

I just wanted to shout out to everyone who worked to keep this game going. Not just the programmers....the community as a whole. Thank you!!

Anoobis

Back to top Go down

Post by (SBB) Blitz on Fri May 16, 2014 11:44 am

This is great, I love you guys(no homo).

(SBB) Blitz

toxicfantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Amit on Fri May 16, 2014 1:43 pm

The update broke OS! Crying or Very sad

Amit

http://RedditRescueForce.reddit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HR_Shaft on Fri May 16, 2014 1:52 pm

After converting my Halo CE Map "Pandora Swamp" to Halo PC >> "bloodgulch.map".  I loaded the map in the dedi map folder, and in my client as "bloodgulch.map" (after backing up my original pc bloodgulch map, of course)

Loaded the dedi, loaded client and I can join the server!:  Halo CE Mp map on Halo PC Dedi!

If you would like to attempt to duplicate my effort, here's the map: mediafire.com download/pfdm5ie0lw0jfpb/Pandora_Swamp_PC.rar

I don't know if this was "intended" but do not fix it, please.

Shaft
aka/Slap Happy/NerveBooger

Server: (temporary) 50.160.0.3:2302  ! Shafts Halo CE Map on Halo PC MP  (On Bloodgulch/Pandora_Swamp, on Race gametype)

HR_Shaft

NerveBooger2012

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Fri May 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Amit wrote:The update broke OS! Crying or Very sad
Yes, OpenSauce and many others. As previously posted, most mods will need to be updated before they will work with 1.10.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylace on Fri May 16, 2014 5:50 pm

HR_Shaft wrote:After converting my Halo CE Map "Pandora Swamp" to Halo PC >> "bloodgulch.map".  I loaded the map in the dedi map folder, and in my client as "bloodgulch.map" (after backing up my original pc bloodgulch map, of course)

Loaded the dedi, loaded client and I can join the server!:  Halo CE Mp map on Halo PC Dedi!

Shaft here are some maps that are converted to Halo PC that run and load with HAC2 + SAPP/Phasor servers that maintain custom names.

Maps - Downloads

Do make sure to unzip both of these with 7zip.  Winrar will encounter an error.  If more people wanted to see this continued I would fix glitches with some maps loading with sapp and phasor aswell as convert more maps.  But not a lot of people seam very interested in this.

Last edited by Skylace on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Skylace

http://bud.boards.net it300

Back to top Go down

Post by Amario1 on Mon May 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Umm when the patch is downloaded and about to beging installation an error box pops up saying  "Authenticode check failed. Signature invalid or not trusted. If this error is automatic and not intentional, check Internet Options-Content-Publishers-Untrusted,and see if you are blocking a valid microsoft certificate. Be sure not to unblock the certificates marked as "Fraudulent"." i did check my browser and identified a microsoft certificate but there was no blocking or anything like that.

Amario1

Back to top Go down

Post by xTerminator on Tue May 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Amario1 wrote:Umm when the patch is downloaded and about to beging installation an error box pops up saying  "Authenticode check failed. Signature invalid or not trusted. If this error is automatic and not intentional, check Internet Options-Content-Publishers-Untrusted,and see if you are blocking a valid microsoft certificate. Be sure not to unblock the certificates marked as "Fraudulent"." i did check my browser and identified a microsoft certificate but there was no blocking or anything like that.
You have to run HALO as administrator.

Right click your shortcut to HALO and choose "Run as Administrator".  Then it will run and automatically download/install the patch.

xTerminator

Back to top Go down

Post by xTerminator on Tue May 20, 2014 12:33 pm

How will the new lobby work?  Will it simply kick in automatically the day GameSpy shuts down?  Or, do we need to do something to point it to the new lobby?

and, thanks for this!  I thought after May 31st I could start being a productive human again.. guess not!

xTerminator

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Tue May 20, 2014 1:43 pm

xTerminator wrote:How will the new lobby work?  Will it simply kick in automatically the day GameSpy shuts down?
After you install the 1.10 patch you are already using the new lobby and not using GameSpy anymore.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by idk0123 on Tue May 20, 2014 4:37 pm

my question is why does it say on the top corner "powered by gamespy"? i say you should take that off.

idk0123

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Tue May 20, 2014 5:33 pm

idk0123 wrote:my question is why does it say on the top corner "powered by gamespy"? i say you should take that off.
http://halo-fixes.findforum.net/t4-some-details-about-the-internet-lobby-fix#22
Roger W wrote:
E3pO wrote:Also, any plans on updating the ui.map to remove the "Powered by Gamespy" ?
Nope. Even without the master server, the networking includes a lot of Gamespy code, so it's still true. And, presumably, contractually required.

E3oO wrote:and "unable to connect to gamespy" boxes
Nope. That's a change to content, which is a can of worms we've never had to touch, and a different build process entirely.

PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears on Tue May 20, 2014 6:42 pm

the patch fails at the chktrust.exe phase of patching. could somebody please upload a zip of the files that the patch updates? I feel like a lot of people are actually getting screwed over by this update. my copy of Halo is legit.....the patch won't work for me.... I ran the program as an administrator (I AM the damn administrator) so yeah...I'm kinda upset about this

killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum