Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).
___________________________________________________

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Version Changer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Version Changer

Post by Skylace on Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm

I have made a simple modification to the Version Changer made by Geomitar so that you can switch between old updates of halo and go back to 1.10 on both versions of halo (pc aka fv and ce).
Enjoy!

.7zip Version = Download
.Zip Version = Download


Last edited by Skylace on Fri May 16, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Skylace

Posts : 34
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-11

http://bud.boards.net it300

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by xdedeone on Thu May 15, 2014 12:33 am

Nice work!

xdedeone

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-12
Location : Colombia

http://phasor.proboards.com eh1s

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Jaz on Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 am

This seems a little pointless to me, when there won't even be a master server for any versions below 1.10.(So you won't see any 1.00 servers anyway)

Jaz

Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-12
Age : 20
Location : Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by HR_Shaft on Thu May 15, 2014 5:04 am

Link broken?

And doood, thanks - I use version changer to allow me to use 3rd person/flycam for map editing in CE (recompiled my own version of each)

HR_Shaft

Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 51

NerveBooger2012

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Skylace on Thu May 15, 2014 9:06 am

HR_Shaft wrote:Link broken?

And doood, thanks - I use version changer to allow me to use 3rd person/flycam for map editing in CE (recompiled my own version of each)
Updated the link.  Before it was going to my public folder.

Skylace

Posts : 34
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-11

http://bud.boards.net it300

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Amit on Fri May 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Thanks! I was about to post if version changer needed an update in the forum and I randomly decided to check here. Cheers!

Amit

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-12
Location : Canada

http://RedditRescueForce.reddit.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sh00ter on Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi Skylace,

I sent you a PM can you let know if you got it....Thanks!

Sh00ter

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Amit on Thu May 22, 2014 2:16 am

Hey, I overwrote the new strings, etc. files, but version changer doesn't appear to be working. I'm fiending for some classic CTF right now, but there are no populated classic CTF servers running on 1.10 right now  Sad

Amit

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-12
Location : Canada

http://RedditRescueForce.reddit.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Thu May 22, 2014 2:30 am

Amit wrote:version changer doesn't appear to be working
but there are no populated classic CTF servers running on 1.10 right now  Sad
I've been using this version changer and it works fine.

But a lot of servers haven't made the move to 1.10 yet. You'll just have to do something else for now. Or hang out in one of those unpopulated servers and maybe some others will join too.

PÕQ~Technut

Posts : 112
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-05-05
Location : www.poqclan.com

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by octiceps on Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Jaz wrote:This seems a little pointless to me, when there won't even be a master server for any versions below 1.10.(So you won't see any 1.00 servers anyway)
So will Version Changer become completely useless after the GameSpy shutdown since the only servers that will be shown in the lobby will be 1.10?

octiceps

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm

octiceps wrote:So will Version Changer become completely useless after the GameSpy shutdown since the only servers that will be shown in the lobby will be 1.10?
That's the plan.

It's possible that a server could still advertise on the new Master Server as being a version other than 1.10, but it wouldn't make sense to do that since all the clients will be version 1.10 (and by default a 1.10 client can only see 1.10 servers).

However, if there's ever another patch... a 1.11... then we could be faced with having some people on the new Master Server using 1.10 and some using 1.11, and something like Version Changer (or HAC 2's feature of showing all versions) might be useful again.

PÕQ~Technut

Posts : 112
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-05-05
Location : www.poqclan.com

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by octiceps on Wed May 28, 2014 2:41 pm

PÕQ~Technut wrote:
octiceps wrote:So will Version Changer become completely useless after the GameSpy shutdown since the only servers that will be shown in the lobby will be 1.10?
That's the plan.

It's possible that a server could still advertise on the new Master Server as being a version other than 1.10, but it wouldn't make sense to do that since all the clients will be version 1.10 (and by default a 1.10 client can only see 1.10 servers).

However, if there's ever another patch... a 1.11... then we could be faced with having some people on 1.10 and some on 1.11 on the new Master Server, and something like Version Changer might be useful again.
Ah I see. Thanks for the prompt reply and helpful explanation. Very Happy 

I'm just curious, suppose after May 31st I want to play on a server that still hasn't made the switch yet. Can I use Version Changer and direct IP to connect to it?

octiceps

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

octiceps wrote:I'm just curious, suppose after May 31st I want to play on a server that still hasn't made the switch yet. Can I use Version Changer and direct IP to connect to it?
Yes, but you might not need Version Changer in order to do that. Most servers have been modded to allow connections from any version.

PÕQ~Technut

Posts : 112
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-05-05
Location : www.poqclan.com

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by octiceps on Wed May 28, 2014 3:09 pm

PÕQ~Technut wrote:
octiceps wrote:I'm just curious, suppose after May 31st I want to play on a server that still hasn't made the switch yet. Can I use Version Changer and direct IP to connect to it?
Yes, but you might not need Version Changer in order to do that. Most servers have been modded to allow connections from any version.
Oh, I didn't know that. So I've been doing it wrong this whole time. Embarassed

octiceps

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sckewi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 am

So when you use Version Changer to switch to an older version, say 1.09, does it request 1.09 servers from the GameSpy master server or from the new Bungie one?

Sckewi

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:39 am

It doesn't change which Master Server is being used. So if you use this with the 1.10 patch then it will only look at the new Master Server.

PÕQ~Technut

Posts : 112
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-05-05
Location : www.poqclan.com

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sckewi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:51 am

Ok, thanks. Smile

Sckewi

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sckewi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:19 pm

So is the aim to have NO servers on any version less than 1.10 on the new Master Server? There are at least 2 servers on every version for me, and about 36 on version 1.04.

Just curious. Smile

Sckewi

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Sckewi wrote:So is the aim to have NO servers on any version less than 1.10 on the new Master Server? There are at least 2 servers on every version for me, and about 36 on version 1.04.
I'll refer you to my earlier post in this thread. Once the old GameSpy Master Server shuts down then the only servers on the new Master Server should (in theory) be the ones that are running 1.10, or at least pretending to be 1.10.

Due to some recent workarounds added to some server mods (eg. SAPP, Phasor, etc) we are currently seeing servers on the new Master Server that are advertising as older versions (because they are dual-homed with the old GameSpy one). But once GameSpy goes away there should be no reason for any server to advertise as any version other than 1.10.

PÕQ~Technut

Posts : 112
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-05-05
Location : www.poqclan.com

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sckewi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Woops, sorry yeah I missed that.

Sckewi

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Mator on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Jaz wrote:This seems a little pointless to me, when there won't even be a master server for any versions below 1.10.(So you won't see any 1.00 servers anyway)

It's not pointless.

Update to Halo 1.10 -> replace halo.exe with 1.08 halo.exe -> install version changer for 1.10 -> start halo 1.08 and switch to version 1.10 -> access to 3rd party programs that worked with 1.08, but 1.10 server lists.


-Mator

Mator

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17
Location : somewhere in the vast nothingness of space and time

matortheeternal

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sckewi on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Whaaat? xD

Sckewi

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Mator on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Sckewi wrote:Whaaat? xD

I've been using that trick with version changer since the 1.09 update.  It's great.  Third person, flycam, sightjacker, etc. all working, no need to try to find new versions.

Mator

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17
Location : somewhere in the vast nothingness of space and time

matortheeternal

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sckewi on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Oh ok, nice. Very Happy

Sckewi

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by PÕQ~Technut on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Mator wrote:Update to Halo 1.10 -> replace halo.exe with 1.08 halo.exe -> install version changer for 1.10 -> start halo 1.08 and switch to version 1.10 -> access to 3rd party programs that worked with 1.08, but 1.10 server lists.
The lobby list you're seeing with the 1.08 executable is the GameSpy lobby... the one that will go away when GameSpy shuts down. So enjoy it while it works I guess.

PÕQ~Technut

Posts : 112
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2014-05-05
Location : www.poqclan.com

http://poqclan.com poqtechnut

Back to top Go down

Re: Version Changer

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:22 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum